In this guide, you’ll learn how to jailbreak FireStick and install popular streaming apps for free movies, TV shows, Live TV, Sports, and plenty more. In 2022, the jailbreak method works on FireStick 4K, Fire TV, FireStick Lite, the new FireStick Max, and Fire TV Cube.
Amazon FireStick is a trendy streaming device. This easy yet feature-rich device is a low-cost solution to convert any regular TV with HDMI compatibility into a smart TV. FireStick allows you to stream content from various online media and entertainment services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and several other TV Networks.
That’s all wonderful. But, there’s a significant drawback. You want to pay a subscription fee to watch content through these entertainment services. And, their subscriptions aren’t cheap; they will burn a big hole in your pocket. This is why we jailbreak FireStick. Jailbreaking allows you to urge third-party streaming apps that give you free access to all your favorite movies, shows, live TV channels, sports, and more.
The Amazon Firestick is a great way to stream content directly to your TV. However, Amazon sets up every Firestick to work only with apps from the Amazon app store. While most popular streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Mi Stick are covered, many other apps are not included. We’ll demonstrate how to jailbreak Firestick devices so you can use many apps that aren’t available in the Amazon app store.
- 1 Jailbreak Firestick What Does It Mean?
- 2 Why Do You Jailbreak a FireStick?
- 3 How to Jailbreak Firestick?
- 4 Secure way to Use Jailbroken Firestick
Jailbreak Firestick What Does It Mean?
When a Fire TV device is jailbroken, it becomes possible to use third-party apps unavailable on the Amazon app store. Jailbreaking FireStick allows you to break the restrictions when the device was originally purchased.
The FireStick jailbreak is a process that allows the installation of 3rd party apps and services that are not offered through the Amazon App Store.
By jailbreaking your firestick, you are allowing yourself access to unlimited entertainment options. It is possible to hack a Firestick without harming the device.
The FireStick jailbreak is perfect for those who want to watch their favorite shows without limitations. And thankfully, You can jailbreak your firestick without any technical knowledge; it is an easy task.
Why Do You Jailbreak a FireStick?
By jailbreaking your FireStick, you can stream content without paying for it. Jailbreaking makes it possible to stream all of your favorite online streaming content without any restrictions. Jailbreaking your FireStick device unlocks its full potential. Firestick Jailbreaking makes it possible for you to watch anything that you want on your device. Jailbreaking your Amazon Fire Stick makes you a true cord-cutter.
Access to Streaming Apps
People who use media players like Kodi and the Cinema HD app on jailbroken Firesticks often have a lot of fun. These apps offer a huge library of free entertainment, including live TV channels and classic films. It is important to point out that some content found on Kodi and other media player apps is pirated.
Jailbreak Firestick Legal or not?
It is legal to jailbreak your Firestick as long as you are not infringing on any copyright laws.
Jailbreaking Firestick is wholly safe & legal; during this process, we do not make any changes to system files of the OS of fire sticks. We are not tampering with any core files. When you jailbreak your FireStick, all you need to do is install some third-party apps. What you are doing is nothing new, as this is something that millions of people have been doing for a long time.
Jailbreaking is 100% legal & Safe. You own the device and can do whatever you like with it. As we told earlier, we are not tempering any system files of OS, so Jailbreaking does not impact the warranty of your device in any way. Amazon allows you to install apps from other sources besides the official Appstore.
How to Jailbreak Firestick?
Some Firesticks that are for sale on the internet are fully loaded. The streaming device you are interested in is usually sold at a price of $40-$50 above the retail price. You don’t need to spend those extra dollars because the Amazon Fire Stick jailbreak process isn’t rocket science. The process is easy to follow, and all you need are the instructions that we have provided.
We use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. It is easy to install on any device and comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. You can always get a refund if you’re not 100% satisfied with the services. ExpressVPN also offers a whopping three extra months free on their annual plan!
Step 1: Install APK Downloader on FireStick
The Amazon Fire TV Stick does not allow for direct downloads through the browser. To install third-party streaming apps, we will require a downloader app. So, first of all, we install a downloader app from Amazon App Store.
- First of all, Browse the home screen of the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Now Select Find Option in the middle bar followed by Search Shown in Image.
- On the search box, type Downloader & Click on the Downloader app.
- Now Tap on the Downloader icon on the next screen.
- Select Download on the Next window.
- Please wait for the Downloader app to finish downloading and then install it.
- Now click Open to launch the Downloader app.
- Dismiss any prompts that are displayed the first time. But if it asks you to give it any permissions, ensure you Allow them all.Now, jump to the next section.
Step 2: Setting Up the FireStick for Jailbreaking
First, you need to tweak a Fire TV Stick / Cube setting to allow the jailbreak process to work. This native setting is all you need to tweak to get started.
- Power on Amazon Fire TV Stick and wait for the home screen to load up.
- Now Tap on the gear icon or cog icon in the middle bar to open Settings.
- Now, Select My Fire TV option.
- On the following window, click Developer options. If you don’t see Developer Options, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About.
Now, select Fire TV Stick and click it 7 times to enable Developer Options. Go back to the previous window now you can see Developer Options.
- Now Turn ON the ADB Debugging.
- Next, click on the Install unknown apps tab. Note: For older Fire TV OS, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON.
- Tap on Downloader and turn it ON.
- Now Press the back button on the Amazon Fire TV remote. It will take you back to the Settings window. Here open Preferences.
- Now Open Privacy Settings.
- Turn OFF the following options to stop sharing the usage data
Device Usage Data
Collect App Usage Data
- Press the back button one more time. You should now be back in the Preferences window. Click Data Monitoring.
- Now, turn OFF the Data Monitoring setting on the next screen.
Step 3: Jailbreak Firestick
We are going to install the first jailbreak app called Kodi. If you are unaware, Kodi is an application that gives you access to the massive world of free entertainment.
You can stream anything you want with the help of Kodi; for that, you will require the Kodi Addons and Builds. Here we will demonstrate how to install Kodi on firestick.
Here are the steps:
- Open Downloader App. Click the URL text box shown in the image.
- Now Type gulftech.org/ko and click Go.
- Wait for the download of the Kodi 19 Matrix APK.
- After downloading Process Over, Select Install and click it.
- Installing the Kodi app to jailbreak the fire tv stick. Wait for the complete Installation process of Kodi APK.
- A notification will confirm that Kodi has been installed successfully on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Great! Your FireStick Jailbreak process is completed now. Click OPEN to run Kodi. If you want to open Kodi later, click DONE.
Secure way to Use Jailbroken Firestick
However, some essential things to keep in mind before using Jailbroken Firestick, whatever you stream on Kodi or other streaming services is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that if you are caught watching copyrighted content without authorization, you could face legal consequences.
Thank goodness there is a way to keep your streaming activities hidden from your internet service provider and the government. for that you will need a good vpn for Fire Stick. Personally we use & recommend ExpressVPN. It offers a wide range of server locations, incredible speeds, and impressive security features.
We never encourage or promote copyright infringement. But we also don’t want you to end up in legal trouble. Furthermore, we believe in and strongly support the right to privacy.
So, before you start using your jailbroken Fire Stick, let’s look at how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities private from prying eyes.
- Click Here to Subscribe to the express vpn. You can get three months free when you sign up for a one-year plan with ExpressVPN. Express VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with Express VPN, you can always request a full refund within 30 days.
- Turn on your Fire TV Stick and after the home page load, go to the menu bar in the middle of the home screen and select Find > Search.
- In the search Box, Type ExpressVPN and click it when it appears in the search suggestions.
- Click the ExpressVPN title on the next screen under the Apps & Games section.
- Now Click on the Download or Get button.
- Open express VPN, Enter the required information, such as the email address and password you created during ExpressVPN signup, then click Sign In.
- Select the Power button to connect to a VPN server (see the image below). You can also change your preferred location by clicking the “Choose Location” button, as shown below. That’s it. With the fastest and best VPN for FireStick, your connection is now secure.
Now that your Firestick is using a secured connection, it is time to start using your jailbroken FireStick.